On October 4, much of the Waikato was shifted to alert level 3 after cases were found in Hamilton and Raglan.
- CRV and NZ Wagyu have partnered to provide NZ dairy farmers with an opportunity to get involved in the growing Wagyu beef market.
- CRV has sourced additional frozen sexed semen straws to cater for demand, as farmers orders triple those from last season.
- An exclusive agreement between CRV and NZ Wagyu Corporation Limited will provide New Zealand dairy farmers with the opportunity to diversify their businesses and capitalise on high returns for Wagyu dairy beef.
- Podcast: Dairy farmers and their staff spend about 50% of their time milking. Milking times have a big impact on the structure of the working day. An increasing number of farmers are looking for more flexibility in their milking routine and considering alternative options to twice-a-day. CRV’s Rosanna Dickson talks to DairyNZ Senior Scientist Dr Paul Edwards about how farmers can maintain productivity and profitability, while reducing the number of milkings per lactation. They also discuss how genetics can help farmers breed cows suited to a flexible milking regime.
- Two CRV bulls have been selected by breeding societies as the top Holstein Friesian and Jersey sires in the country for 2021.
- With access to quality data essential to effective dairy farm management, the upgraded national animal database is set to deliver significant benefits to farmers.